My Photo
Name:
Location: Currently on residency in Basel Switzerland, South Africa

Thursday, February 7, 2008

First Piece Out of the Oven.....

Clinton my mate arrived today. the sweet boy has made his way over here to give me some much needed assistance.I have some fine ideas but production has been slow. Hoping to pick up the pace abit. 4 weeks to showtime...!

I did get this little number together eventually, though. Still pics are only up on my facebook at the moment, I'll get them here soon to.

Check out this vid of "her moovin' " . Isn't she pretty?



And from another angle.....


You beauty. That's "Stretch-108"
love to ya
j

9 Comments:

Blogger Brad said...

What a beauty... she is sexy

February 8, 2008 at 2:39 AM  
Blogger Llewelyn said...

she's also got a bit of a spin developing there! is that as a result of the linear input point/line?

February 8, 2008 at 8:07 AM  
Blogger justin fiske @ large said...

Whajumean linear input? Spins from the twist in the cotton like in hessian rope. Not sure if there would be twist with monofilament or braided line. I might have to like it or God knows what'll happen. Probably start braiding lace-cotton tomorrow. Bastard....!
Wait a moment, much much longer strings.... or rolling friction points! Double bastard!

cheers j

February 8, 2008 at 8:23 AM  
Blogger RIA said...

yeeey! That's what I was waiting for! I love it!

Here is my blog for my class. beads tests.
http://riaplayground.blogspot.com/

RIA

February 11, 2008 at 5:38 PM  
Blogger Grant said...

I am spun out J - thats pro southern coriolis nogal

February 12, 2008 at 7:25 AM  
Blogger MC said...

Whats the background music to that fiske?

February 13, 2008 at 9:10 PM  
Blogger Gabrielle Raaff said...

Your work looks absolutely amazing sweetheart. It has hammock associations too(my folks asked, "since when does Van Gogh ride to work?!")

February 17, 2008 at 7:04 AM  
Blogger Stu said...

Hi Just

I've been stuffing about trying to get blogger acceptance... but just in time to say gooood job! looks like you are headed towards pure beautiful simplicity. I was thinking of you over the weekend as I rode my horse around the peninsular. keep it up.

February 18, 2008 at 3:12 AM  
Blogger david said...

Hypnotically beautiful. Oom dawie

February 18, 2008 at 5:04 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home