My Photo
Name:
Location: Currently on residency in Basel Switzerland, South Africa

Friday, January 18, 2008


I've walked up there several times, and had to come down twice in the dark. There is a little Buddhist shrine up near the top ( the size of a big letter box ) with a small statue sleeping inside. I shall be having the odd early morning meditation up there. There is a lovely panoramic view of the area showing the various surrounding farms, towns and forested hills to the horizon.



Walking down through the Bamboo forest in ..... How you say? Trippy!
But beautiful.

Day before yesterday I made my smallest origami lotus flower ever, and gave it to our tireless chaperon and host (-ess) Machiko. She seemed pleased.




I was.

Today I managed to  knockup a very exciting bit of progress in the stu-stu-studio, despite a late start, the arrival of my bike (woo woo) and a long exhausting sojourn to various towns to absorb neon sights and wander through impossibly advanced and stocked hardware stores looking for materials. Have I got some materials for you. 
Expect many pictures of me happily reunited with my strange bicycle beast, and the formative makings of an idea for a new dare I say... wobbly... work

love to you all
j

2 Comments:

Blogger Brad said...

having a grog and loving the blog...
keep it up

January 18, 2008 at 11:55 AM  
Blogger Amanda Chanslor said...

Justi, this is fantastic, sooooooo exciting, and your vivid descriptions and photos to accompany make living vicariously a most easy task.....wow! Your mother just called (third day in a row, guess she is missing having her people around her, or Dad is not there to fuss about the phone bill :) ) She has just been to see your exhibition with Gabby and parents and is enraptured, brought to tears, just sooooo proud of you. She said watching your little video was like finally being able to see the ink blots :) A great compliment I would summize. She was just as impressed with the info a little bird gave her that there may be a larger house purchase in the works, together. I can she she is making baby quilts in her head as I write. Well glad for you that all these ships are indeed coming in....... might be quite exhausting for you..... but we, Jason and I, could not be more pleased for you. Hope you will hop across the pond some time to come and visit us here too. Reece is more enchanting than every. If you have ability to webcam we would love to chat live with you. Daniel arrives in about 6 weeks and we are so very excited. Much love Amanda

January 22, 2008 at 6:37 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home