My Photo
Name:
Location: Currently on residency in Basel Switzerland, South Africa

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Colour from the day....

...Saw a baroque orchestra playing Violino Italiano in a 500 year old cathedral (many of the instruments were very different  :  www.capricciobasel.ch)
May I introduce to you the:

Theorbe:Violoncello: & Cembalo:


which was pretty special.....
ok let's bring out the sublime word while we have a reason, for a change: it was actually quite sublime. There was one tear (on the left side). Afterwards, I  swooned about in the heavy snow fall skidding my bike through the cobbled streets to get a celebratory beer on my way back, at Hirschenek (that's a famous anarchist's bar). Then, I folded and rode to the station to get a pack of fags. Came back for a late night helping of my potatoe and leek efforts from earlier in the day (laced with very old Italian Blue cheese). 
An evening of certifiable luminous anonymity.....

Once again I may show a passing resemblance to gaunt brit-pop proponents.... almost identical. The swiss ladies will be hysterical to know:


that's a huge relief to me, gaining 10 years in 10 minutes... it's a pic-me-up I cash in every 4 months or so as you  know.

Time well spent, you'll agree.

Back to Zurich wednesday.... have numerous galleries to see there, so we'll call it research..... or process....  or something.

Have a small showing of my progress so far (yikes!) the night before here at The Dock. and then swiftly on to the Tanguely Museum opening... so unless I'm mistaken I'm unlikely to see Zurich before mid-morning looking for a greasy fry-up.

But I'll have to go hangout with a dude I met in Soloturn the other day. He's a Canadian poet Moez Surani (of Palestinian extraction I think) who's supervisor at University of Toronto is my Auntie from Kalkbay's brother in law. What are the odds on that!? 

By the way it was a hell of a day in Solothurn.
They had a big film festival on, but I had a full day of meetings and exploring so I only saw one right at the end called Winter Silence.

Also, I ate horse........    !
They made me do it.
Lovely Swiss Pinot Noir, celerac, fennel..... and a piece of horse.

Jeez!

Actually it was completely delicious, but I did sit through the movie feeling a bit like a jakals with carrion on his breath.
Haute cuisine in a lovely existential sauce.
Apparently the muscle fibers are different and shorter, so it doesn't get tough.... Hence the butter knife.

They've been chowing them since the middle ages.

I'm off to taste some buro, tomorrow!
That's where salami came from originally, and if you know a certain Italian on Markplatz...... it still does.

chuckle

Anyway, this is bordering on virtual diarrhea,
... which is taking up your time.

Ciao!
love to you all
j

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home